Sunday, September 20, 2009

My learnings from Zen Habits.

I have been reading the tweets from zen_habits regularly. I have learnt the following things which I plan to implement:
  1. If I work less, then, I can focus on creating quality on whatever less time I spend working on.
  2. I need to pull off all distractions while I'm working on that 1 quality assignment / goal.
  3. I don't need to be busy to show others that I am busy.
  4. Its not always necessary to invent some extra ordinary thing. I can just create something which can add value to others.
  5. As Leo writes: It should be about creating something new, giving birth to something of beauty, of inspiration, of joy, of wonder, of laughter, of wisdom.
  6. Leo also mentions about How to do less by having fewer meetings, cutting back on non-essential commitments, cutting back distractions, saying no to requests, Single-task and focus, killing everything which is blocking my focus - like mobiles, internet, etc., setting a limit on how many quality things will I do each day, setting limits on my work hours.
  7. The crux of the teaching is that I should do less, but do it with Utmost Quality and it should make a difference in people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment